(1) Engage Stanford's 7 schools to identify key players with extensive experience in or commitment to refugee work, as well as faculty, staff, and students interested in engaging more actively in refugee-focused work.
- Convene key Stanford players to connect refugee- related activities across campus.
(2) Gather research to assess the needs of Syrian refugees in the Middle East, specifically in Lebanon and Jordan, and those agencies and enterprises providing services to them.
- Identify possible areas of focus and implementable projects through which the Stanford community can engage, including but not limited to health, education, employment, resettlement, and housing.
(3) Implement a pilot project, based on identified needs and resources, to deploy Stanford faculty, staff, and students to improve refugee conditions in Lebanon and/or Jordan.
- Integrate these experiences with campus research and educational activities.
- Define a sustainable platform through which the Stanford community can engage effectively on an ongoing basis and consider ways in which it might support the engagement of partners.